Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Your burning questions answered.

Today is the day that I finally answer all of those burning questions you all have sent me in your comments. I shall first list the questions and then answer them. Most of these are from my brother or from Wes. Thanks guys!
So what are you going to do for the rest of your time there? after all, doesn't farewell usually mean goodbyes?
So other than a little bit of the entomology of acid bugs what are you learning?
is there anyone outside of the raymond clan and the senior citizens who might have gotten your song reference?
After you moved from your homestay, how much interaction do you have with "locals?" Basically, do you get into the community, or is your involvement mainly with the university and other exchange students?

For the rest of my time I will be "studying" taking two exams, picking up my suit I'm having tailored and wandering around Accra visiting people and looking at things. In the middle of the next couple weeks I will be going to Burkina Faso to ride some camels in the Sahara and hanging out in a Benedictine Monastery. (The bus ride from Accra to Ouagadougou is about 30 hours) AHHHH!!!! The Farewell dinner means Goodbyes for many people but it's true not all. There are most people leaving this Saturday for trips in and around Ghana, including myself and we won't see each other again or at least until we meet up in the States or something.

I am supposedly learning Modern European Drama and Play Analysis. I already supposedly learned some voice, drumming and dance, but I feel like I really learned the dance the best. I'm also learning how to be a better procrastinator than before. Not an easy task.

In terms of the song reference, I honestly could not tell you if anyone else understood the song reference. Technically anyone who watched Bend It Like Beckham should know the song as it is in the credits with the actors singing along, but you never know.

My interaction with the "locals" really just depends on the day. I feel like I interact with everyday Ghanaians everyday, but in terms of being at someone's house or meeting their families or having conversations I would say about once a week. Most of the students in my dorm are Ghanaian, Nigerian, or other internationals.

I apologize for the lack of insightful ruminations today!! It is just really hot and it kills the brain waves. I will be leaving this Saturday for Burkina Faso and will probably return to Accra around the 7th or 8th of December so feel free to leave plenty of comments or questions about things. Hope you all have a great week and a half!!!!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I don't have anything insightful to say, unfortunately it has nothing to do with the heat killing my brain cells. I can't wait until you're here--even if it is for a short time. Hope you enjoy your trip and stop procrastinating silly! I love you.

<3 Chelsea