Friday, November 21, 2008

Kpetoe and Babies/Puppies

Yesterday I went on a one day trek to a little village outside of Ho just to get some kente cloth. Total travel time= 8ish
Total time in village= 45 min

Sort of seems ridiculous but honestly...what else was I gonna do? Might as well. I ended up buying more than I wanted of course, but I came away with a ridiculously beautiful blue and green kente blanket. On the way to the village there was a man with basket on his lap in the tro tro. I assumed that this was a basket with a few chickens..but it turned out that it was a basket of about five really cute puppies. This gave me something to look at. On the return trip I was treated to several treats. At the tro station, we were waiting to leave sitting next to a tro which had a large sheep tied to the roof. It was still alive and standing. On the way to Ho from Kpetoe we found out that there was a goat in the boot of our tro. It sounded like a baby at first but then it started to get more goatlike. Every time we hit a bumbp. Meeeeehhh!! It was hilarious. On the ride back to Accra i sat next to a little baby girl who has a good time licking her palms and rubbing them all over me. We play some games like "make ugly faces" "play wth the white man's hands" and "fall asleep and drool on his shirt" it was a great time and made the trip pass by very quickly. Tonight is the Farewill dinner and I am going to be "dressed to kill." I have a great outfit all picked out and I just can't wait. hahaha. I'm pretty much a baller, what can I say? Have a great day!!

2 comments:

Seth and Elizabeth said...

so what are you going to do for the rest of your time there? after all, doesn't farewell usually mean goodbyes?

i hear you are planning to spend christmas at home. i'm glad to hear it. i wish i could be there.

Seth

Chelsea said...

Hahahaha! I would have loved to see the sheep on the roof. I don't know if I would have been really confused or just laughed a lot. I'm glad you found someone of the same mind as you to play with on the tro!! :P

You are always dressed well silly. Hope you knock 'em dead with the outfit (if you will)! Can't wait to see you soon.

<3 Chelsea