Saturday, November 1, 2008

I'll trade you!!!

Hello Everyone!!
Today I went to a woodcarving village/market near Aburi outside of Accra. This trip led me to see three things. A bunch of really cool carvings, the advantages of the barter system, and a cow on top of a pile of dirt munching on leaves and three blades of grass. The carvings and products at this market were amazingly beautiful and there were just soo many things that it was hard to find things that stood out because there was sooooo much. The hardest thing was finding things that were small enough to fit in a suitcase. Many of the really intricate masks and carvings were the size of a small child. The beauty of the barter system is that I was able to trade my watch that I bought from target for a mahogony rhinoceros the size of my head. It was a pretty fun day overall. Yesterday I was able to go to Cocoa Beach and have a semi-relaxing day at the beach just taking it easy. I ended up getting into a pretty physical soccer match that was really fun. I tweaked my foot a little and had to spot but it was great to have a ball at my feet. The beauty of beach soccer is that it really tests your ball skills and endurance.
TWO WEEKS OF CLASS LEFT!!!!!!!!!
I guess that about sums up my feelings on that.

My dance final is monday, my drumming final two thursdays from now, my voice final......whenever i schedule and memorize my songs, other finals are on the 27th nov and 13th december. I suppose this might be the moment to start doing my reading and studying. Well, i suppose I won't be too hasty with that.

That's about all the fresh news for now from Ghana. I hope everyone had a great Halloween/alternative Halloween festivities. Talk to you later.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I hope your foot gets better :( Another injury would be all you need...I've decided that I am going to wrap you in thick layers of bubble wrap to keep you safe. I can't wait to see this rhinoceros of yours. I'm going to say this outright--I'm pretty jealous you got to go to the beach! I miss you and can't wait for you to get back!! Don't forget to study you slacker :P

I love you!

<3 Chelsea

Michelle said...

Now that you don't have a watch, I hope you're not late for all those finals you're studying for... Have a great week. Love, Mom